Focus hub Nigeria is a new technology entrepreneurship and social innovation hub in the Niger Delta, based in Port-Harcourt. We have a mandate to create sustainable business models dedicated to solving development challenges encountered in the Niger Delta.
We are a non-profit community center/hub where startups, SMEs, entrepreneurs, IT developers and programmers, impact investors, students, corporate and private organizations meet and interact for the purpose of technology and knowledge transfer, mentoring, training, incubation and networking. The ultimate aim being to drive economic growth, create jobs and enhance the competitiveness of the Niger Delta.
- The Position will support the work of managers at the hub providing critical support where and when needed all aspects of company growth and development.
- Researching entrepreneurial ecosystems and possible business partners.
- Develop business strategies to achieve proposed targets
- Devise & manage the processes/task lists for the hub and the team.
- Induct new processes as and when relevant
- You will work with startups seeking to rapidly research, ideate, prototype, launch, and scale break-out ideas into high-growth businesses.
- Closely follow global technology developments, identify trends and opportunities for Focus Hub and develop and maintain key partnerships with relevant organizations both abroad and locally.
- Develop funding applications and proposals to corporate funders and to government grant making entities.
- Develop and support the delivery of programs and/or events to promote business development and growth among member startups/ecosystem and the hub itself.
- Cultivate and advise hub/community members in strategic areas that foster development and encourage growth of assigned businesses
- Build relationships with top executives and influencers within the Nigeria technology ecosystem and to leverage these connections to acquire recognition and publicity for the Port Harcourt technology ecosystem.
- Conduct industry research on new policy around ICT4D.
- Regularly review, update and innovate Focus Hub’s value proposition, develop new business/initiatives for implementation, and identify priorities for business environment improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Current students or graduates in any of the following degrees can apply. Engineering, Business, Technology, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related/relevant field. MBA students and/or Masters Degree students or in related/relevant can also apply.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest and ability to communicate with various technical, entrepreneurial, and international visitors
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and concisely research and collect data from unique places
- Ability to synthesize data and convey information in a meaningful way
- A strong understanding of Windows Based systems and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Graphics design tools is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge and a passion for technology ecosystem, startup incubation, ICT consulting and research are required.
- Must have an understanding of these Technology verticals (IT, digital economy, creative industries, high-tech, R&D).
- Great exposure and mentoring within a startup & engineering ecosystem is an advantage
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills are required as is an ability to effectively communicate on multiple levels.
- Ability to take initiative and manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously is necessary.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner on multiple levels. Good writing skills are a necessity. Must have in-depth knowledge of social media management.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; and an ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
- This will provide a great learning experience and contribute to your personal development
This is not a paid internship, however stipend will be provided to cover for transportation and lunch.
Interested applicants should send their resume/CV to email@example.com with the Job title as the Subject on or before the 30th of September, 2015.