Focus hub Nigeria is a new technology entrepreneurship and social innovation hub in the Niger Delta, based in Port-Harcourt. We have a mandate to create sustainable business models dedicated to solving development challenges encountered in the Niger Delta.
We are a non-profit community center/hub where startups, SMEs, entrepreneurs, IT developers and programmers, impact investors, students, corporate and private organizations meet and interact for the purpose of technology and knowledge transfer, mentoring, training, incubation and networking. The ultimate aim being to drive economic growth, create jobs and enhance the competitiveness of the Niger Delta.
- The Position will manage the team at the hub.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and operational support for the hub and the community. Educate and provide guidance in appropriate business development and operational areas that support development and growth.
- Closely follow global technology developments, identify trends and opportunities for Focus Hub and develop and maintain key partnerships with relevant organizations both abroad and locally.
- Develop and manage funding applications and proposals to corporate funders and to government grant making entities.
- Develop and support the delivery of programs and/or events to promote business development and growth among member startups/ecosystem and the hub itself.
- Cultivate and advise hub/community members in strategic areas that foster development and encourage growth of assigned businesses
- Build relationships with top executives and influencers within the Nigeria technology ecosystem and to leverage these connections to acquire recognition and publicity for the Port Harcourt technology ecosystem.
- Oversee and manage outreach, events and external relations team for the Focus hub and also manage the incubator. Responsible for leading community outreach and engagement. This role will also lead engagement with external entities, such as Ecosystem/community stakeholders.
- Conduct industry research on new policy around ICT4D
- Drive towards a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in the way Focus hub does business, ensuring a client-focused, target-driven approach at all times.
- Regularly review, update and innovate Focus Hub’s value proposition, develop new business/initiatives for implementation, and identify priorities for business environment improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Technology, Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related/relevant field. MBA and/or Masters Degree in related/relevant field is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience supporting senior leadership in a diverse organization with a fast-paced environment. Proven track record of effective budget keeping, and management of a team and multiple projects.
- Basic knowledge and a passion for technology ecosystem, startup incubation, ICT consulting and research are required.
- Must have an understanding of these Technology verticals (IT, digital economy, creative industries, high-tech, R&D).
- Experience working at a social enterprise/NGO and also grant writing will be also a plus.
- Founder of a technology startup or early stage startup experience or leadership experience managing a technology company is an added advantage.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills are required as is an ability to effectively communicate on multiple levels.
- Ability to take initiative and manage a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously is necessary.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner on multiple levels. Good writing skills are a necessity. Must have in-depth knowledge of social media management.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; and an ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
- Strong inter-personal and inter-cultural communication and presentation skills, problem solving skills and client-facing skills
- Having a local and international network is an additional advantage.
Interested applicants should send their resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title as the Subject on or before the 30th of September, 2015.